There is a saying that if you give a man a fish then feed him for that day. But teach man to fish then he will live forever. Fishing aside from being a hobby can also bring you health benefits. This can improve your mental and physical well-being.
Health Benefits of Fishing
- Full Body Strength – fishing involves force and engages your shoulders, back, arms, core, and legs in a workout.
- Family Boning – spending time with family while fishing promotes a feeling of security and well-being.
- Boosts Immune System – fishing under the sun will provide you vitamin D which helps your body regulate the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.
- Promotes Relaxation – spending hours with nature is an act of meditation. This will remove daily work stress and can decrease your anxiety.
- Improves Cardiovascular Health – fishing is not only about sitting and waiting; this activity involves walking around, recasting fishing lines, reeling a fish and in cases, paddling.
- Teaches Self-Reliance – in fishing, you have to learn different skills in order to catch a big fish. You will not have the skill if you depend on others.
- Bestows Patience – fishing does not guarantee that when you throw your line, you will catch a fish. This will surely test your patience to continue this activity.
- Encourages travel – traveling expands he mind and makes life more fulfilling. Fishing will require you to travel to hook different kinds of fish.
- Enjoy the Great Outdoors – exposure to fresh air, sun and other natural things can improve your health.
- Improves Balance – fishing requires you to have balance. Balance requires core strengths and benefits flexibility.
Affordable Fishing Charter in Canada
Gabriola Island, Nanaimo Area, and the Gulf Islands are one of the best salmon fishing spots in Canada. Go Fish Charter offers different packages that hobbyists and tourists may consider to avail. Below is the list of their packages and prices:
The package includes Fishing, Prawning, Crabbing or Sightseeing. This is good for 4 persons per group and can be extended to 5 or 6 groups with an additional fee of $75 per person.
- 4 Hour Charter
- 4 persons are $475
- 5 persons are $550
- 6 persons are $625
- 6 Hour Charter – This is the most popular package
- 4 persons are $675
- 5 persons are $750
- 6 persons are $825
- 8 Hour Charter
- 4 persons are $850
- 5 persons are $925
- 6 persons are $1000